Degree in 3
Le Moyne College and Pomeroy College of Nursing
The Degree in Three B.S. in Nursing represents a unique partnership between Le Moyne College's Department of Nursing and the Pomeroy College of Nursing at Crouse Hospital. Students will be dually enrolled at Le Moyne College and Pomeroy College of Nursing, earning both an associate in applied science and a bachelor’s degree with a major in nursing.
With an academically rigorous schedule, students are enrolled for three consecutive fall and spring semesters, three summer and winter terms as well as one Maymester. This program is designed for students who wish to enter the workforce or pursue a graduate degree more quickly than they would with the traditional four-year degree.
Admission Criteria for Degree in Three Students
Admission to the Join A.A.S./B.S. in Nursing program will be based on the following:
- Minimum high school cumulative average of 87 or college GPA of 3.0
- Minimum 1200 SAT score (Critical Reading and Math only) or minimum 27 ACT score
- Required high school courses. Applicants must graduate from an accredited high school and must complete a minimum of 16 academic units in the following distribution:
- English (4)
- Foreign Language (3)
- Mathematics (3-4)
- Natural Science (3-4, including chemistry and biology)
- Social Studies (3-4)
- Recommendations. Applicants are required to submit one letter of recommendation from a school counselor; or two letters of recommendation from teachers, employers, coaches, etc; and one recommendation from a supervisor who can attest to the applicant’s demonstrated commitment to the healthcare field.